Black Bean Burger
- x4 to 6
Heat 2 tablespoons oil.
Add onion, garlic and green pepper. Cook about 5 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Place cashews in a food processor and chop.
Place onions and peppers in a bowl.
Place beans in food processor. Pulse until beans roughly chopped.
Transfer to bowl with onion and pepper mixture.
Add egg and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Fold together gently.
Form 6 to 8 patties from bean patties.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook and flip until well browned.
Add cheese if desired. Add toppings to top/bottom bun as desired. Close burgers and serve immediately.
- 500 g cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 50 g vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g roasted cashews
- 120 g finely crumbled feta or cottage cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 80 g bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cheese as desired, such as cheddar or Swiss (optional)
- 4 to 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Condiments as desired, such as ketchup, mustard
- Toppings as desired, such as shredded lettuce, sliced onions, and pickles